Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 0003:

   So last night I thought to myself 'You know, you're only here for another week and a half. You should try and make the most of it.' So what did I do? I went to a church activity with a bunch of other young adults. We played running charades and then had root beer floats. All in all a good experience and a fun night. As I finished my root beer float (I don't even like root beer floats, but I always try them anyways, hoping I'll change my mind) I asked a few girls I was on a team with if they wanted to go do something afterwards. Well they had work the next morning and decided to be responsible and go to bed. Kudos for them. Major suck for me.
   I saw a group of three guys and one girl talking and did something that usually would make me super nervous. I walked right up and asked them if they wanted to do anything after finishing their root beer floats. One guy, Bradley said yeah.
   "We're going swimming at my house. We have a pool and hot tub in my back yard. You're more than welcome to come with us." he said. Driving arrangements were made, and Bradley rode with me to my place of residence to grab my bathing suit (I'm the only Mormon in Utah to own and wear a bikini) and then we drove to his place.
   We walked in the back yard and met up with his sister Stephanie and friends Mike, Adam, and Krissy (I think that was her name...). As soon as Brad donned his swim wear, they got out of the hot tub and joined me in the pool. I went off a diving board for the first time. It was a bad idea as I almost lost my top and I jumped in right in front of the the huge flood light...pretty sure every one now knows more about me than they ever wanted to. We all got to talking and it came up as to why I was here in Utah. Everyone sympathized, which was nice, and we talked about relationships. We got cold and decided to hop back in the hot tub. Krissy had work in the morning as well as Mike and Adam. First Krissy left, then Mike a half hour later. It was determined that I would give Adam a ride home since it was on the way and we obviously got along. That was decided when we got in a bubble fight. All I have to say about that, is that I look ridiculous with a bubble mustache and Adam looks equally outrageous. Another Mike (We'll call him Mike #2 for all intensive purposes) and Clay (I don't think that's his name, but it's close) showed up with a dog. They didn't stay long, just long enough to plan something for the following night (tonight) with Brad who had Lasik surgery this morning.
   I made Utah friends who are really nice, really fun, and invited me to hang out again tonight. Score one for Monotonous Me!
   'Congratulations, you're a big kid now; what's the discussion piece?' you are probably thinking. Don't worry; I've got something.
   No matter what age you are, we all like making new friends, but most of us are pretty intimidated by it. Why is that? Are we afraid of making idiots of ourselves? Has past experience taught us that? What do you think keeps you, personally, from making more friends out of strangers?
   I, myself, think it's because I talk like I'm fearless. I take dares to go up to beautiful guys and tell them exactly what I think. I do it, and as soon as I get up there, I speak almost as loud as a mouse...almost. I end up having to repeat myself because they can't hear me, and blushing like crazy. Then they're officially freaked out. Then I feel like an idiot. That's my super lame excuse. I now want to hear yours.
   If you have any interesting stories, by all means, share. I can't be the only one who has a painfully embarrassing story to share...

Sincerely,
Monotonous Me

No comments:

Post a Comment